Here are 5 things that made us happy this week:
1. We finished our Black History Month guided reading units. This is a picture of a new reading response activity that Emily made for non-fiction. The students have to design a plaque and write an accomplishment for their special person. This cutie said, "Duke Ellington brought America to life with the beauty of his music."
Be still my teacher heart!!!
2. We played a little Measurement Bingo today. Our kids had to cover the most sensible unit of measurement for the clue we read aloud. For example, if we said...Christmas Tree...they would cover the square marked by 8ft.
3. We read our South Carolina Studies Weekly about the CSS Hunley (submarine), and then designed our own newspaper headlines. They turned out really great!
4. We have an easy way to teach comparing different units of measure. It is fool-proof! Since we started teaching it this way, our kids catch-on much faster. Check out the anchor chart that Emily made:
5. I have a habit of ending these with something non-teacher related. I am just too darn excited about this new purchase. I am obsessed with shoulder bags! How could one not be?! A hands-free bag? Love 'em!
Anyway, it's perfect for the Charleston ArtWalk tonight. ArtWalks take place in the French Quarter; it is a public event and tons of fun. Just stroll through the galleries...check out the art, and enjoy refreshments. It is also the BB&T Charleston Food & Wine Festival this weekend. There is a lot of fun stuff going on in Charleston this weekend.
I hope yall have a great weekend! Put your feet up...we made it through February! Bring on the Lions and Lambs of March...hurry Spring!