Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Weekend Wrap Up


Hi everyone!  We hope you all had a nice LONG weekend.  We thought we would attempt to start up a weekly post called the Weekend Wrap Up.  Each Monday (or Tuesday), you'll either get me (Emily) or Kerry, updating you on what has been going on in our world.  Today you get ME!!!  This long weekend I packed the kiddos and headed to Charlotte to visit my family.  This was part of my hubby's Valentine's gift, a few days of peace and quiet (lucky him).  The trip was planning to be quiet, simple, relaxing, and full of family and old friends.  However, the excitement of "snowy" weather made the trip a little bit more "wild" then I had planned.  First of all we had to skip Super G's last flag football game and get on the road a bit early to beat the bad weather.  Luckily, Peanut slept most of the way and Super G and Big Sister were EXCELLENT car riders.  We hit some rain and lots of wind, but otherwise it was an uneventful drive. We made it to Charlotte in about 3 hours and arrived to my parent's house to find my sister, nephew and my mom and dad.  After about an hour of all 4 kiddos wondering where the snow was...it started to pour snow.  Now remember we are from South Carolina, the coast, so we don't see much snow...ever!  This was what Charlotte called a quick 1 hour "blizzard!"  The kids loved it. 


We were, of course, so unprepared for snowy weather, I mean we had warm clothes, but waterproof was another story.  Poor Super G was so cold and wet, but he wouldn't dare come in unless his BIG cousin came in too.

There was sledding, snow(dirt)man making, snowball fights and snow angels.  It was maybe 2 inches of snow, but to us that is like 1 ft.  I stayed inside with sweet Peanut and watched the crazies run around, freezing cold.  Fun stuff!

I was able to visit with 3 old friends and their families and even meet one new precious little baby.  Sunday night, my mom, (know as the ultimate hostess...seriously) decided to host a birthday party for 8 out of the 11 February family birthdays that live in Charlotte.  Peanut and I were included in that group, so we were excited.  We had grandparents, aunts, uncles, great aunts and uncles, cousins, 2nd cousins, 3rd cousins all packed into my mom and dad's house. There were 14 adults and 7 children.  Now when I say she is the hostess with the mostess, I mean it.  She had silver, white table cloths, fancy appetizers, and a homemade carrot cake.  We had a blast, 8 birthdays to celebrate = tons of candles!! There were lots of laughs, and fun times had by all.  6 out of the 7 kids are under the age of 4, so it was wild.  To top it all off, mom made her famous spaghetti.  Now just imagine a kitchen table with 6 little kiddos all eating spaghetti...yikes!  I think there was more spaghetti on the floor and on the kiddos than in their mouths.  Next year I think mom decided maybe just cake and ice cream, ha ha ha!!!

Finally we ended our trip with a morning donut at Krispy Kreme.  We love donuts and don't have a KK near us, so it was a treat to see them being made.  Here are my munchins enjoying watching them make donuts.


I did however manage to do a little work.  After Kerry worked so hard on updating and editing our latest guided reading group novels, I was able to add a few more graphics and tweak them a bit and post them to TPT.  I hope you will read our next post on how we use these novel studies and check them out on TPT. 

Thanks for reading about my weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment