Today we are linking up with Doodlebugs for a little Five for Friday love. It has been a great week!!
1. We've had a lot of fun with our Geometry unit. We tried the ah-mazing area robots from Amy Lemons. If you haven't tried them, click HERE. So much fun! We also identified triangles using toothpicks and pipecleaners. Tons of fun and so easy to prep! If you want to try it, click HERE for a Friday freebie.
2. We started our Independent Research Projects on Monday. The students chose a topic that we have learned about in Social Studies (The Revolutionary War, The Civil War, The Civil Rights Movement, etc). They research, write a paper, and then present a PowerPoint to the class. Here is a pic of one student's research in action. They are looking on the iPad for facts and then they place the facts in the correct subtopic envelope.
When I look at those pics, it makes me laugh to think how much education has changed since I was in third grade! WOW! I can remember watching my teacher (Hi, Mrs. Stoll!!) xeroxing dittos and the ink was purple!
3. We tried out Literature Circles this week. At first it was so hard for us to let go and let them try to run a reading group independently. Much to our dismay, they don't need us as much as we thought. :( They were begging for more time! Yikes, if this is any indication of what we will be like when we have teenagers.... we are in for it!
4. We needed something fun to review division and history before our ERBs so we whipped up some Army Task Cards. Check them out HERE if you are interested!
5. We had to share this cute pic. It's our baby boys meeting for the first time! Gotta love Batman and Cash!
(Graham is Emily's 4yr old and Cash(puppy) is Kerry's 4 month old)