Well, hellllllo weekend!!! We wanted to link up with our Five for Friday buddies and share our current obsessions for the classroom.
1. Outdoor Scoot! We love this idea! The kids were so excited to play decimal Scoot outside. Next week we are going to try it on the play structure on our playground.
2. We started our Geometry unit. We got this idea a la Pinterest and we made shapes out of Popsicle sticks. The kids had a blast and teaching sides/vertices were a cinch!
3. Our school is located in downtown Charleston and we partner with the Historical Preservation Society of Charleston every year. The mission of the Preservation Society is to inspire all that live in the Lowcountry to the respect and honor its heritage. Today we went for a walk to the St. Philip's Church and Courtyard. It was a beautiful afternoon!
4. We wrapped up our guided reading novels and made life size character drawings. The kids LOVED it!
5. Pic Collage on the iPad is a really fun app! We had a blast creating Earth Day posters on Monday. Hoping we can all keep our resolutions and treat every day like it is Earth Day!
That's it for us. We hope yall had a great week!