Friday, June 14, 2013

Five for Friday-Summer Style

Hey Hey Teacher Friends!

TGI-Summer!  We are linking up with Doodle Bugs for our current Friday loves...summer style!


I've been on vacation all week with my family in Kiawah Island, South Carolina.  It's a quick 45 minute drive from Charleston, so it's kind of a staycation for me.  We have had gorgeous weather and long, lazy days.  I gotta say--the livin' is easy!  Here are some fun things we have been up to!

1.  I got my monogrammed beach hat!  Here is a pic of my daily must haves.  :)  The Four Agreements is an incredible book if you have never read it.



2.  One of my favorite parts of the day is our nightly happy hour.  Usually, this commences around 5 or so.  My entire family loves to eat, drink, cook and just be merry!  We have tried to out-do each other each night with our concoctions.  I gotta say my sister-in-law's sangria definetly wins for the drink category.  But I may have pulled out a win for the app category.  I wanted to share a yummy recipe that is easy peasy and absolutely delish.  I can guarantee satisfaction with this heavenly Charleston Cheese dip, and if not you can blame me!  Click {HERE} for the recipe!



3.  Excuse the awkward selfies, but I had to share some of my latest Forever 21 finds.  I know I am entirely way too old to shop there, but for under $20/dress......a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!  PS-I need a new stance...I know!




4.  The wildlife here is out of control!  Take a look at this bobcat (yes!) and baby gator that got turned around and wound up on the beach.




5.  Emily and her boys came out to visit me.  I loved spending the afternoon with these cutie patooties!  We jumped in the pool over and over and over again.  Tons of fun!  Here they are being all cutesy!




Thanks for a taking a quick peek at my week!  I hope yall have had a good one, too!  Link up and let us know!

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the peek at your week! Wish my family had happy hour! :0) Sounds like you are having a great time--and enjoying the wildlife to boot! Just found your blog today through Five for Friday and am a new follower...

    Smiles,
    Sarah @ Hoots N Hollers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your monogrammed hat! So fun! Ahhh! Gator on the beach! Not what you're 'looking out for' when you are walking on the beach...haha!

    Bridget
    Little Lovely Leaders

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you hat too. HOw cool to see wildlife like that hanging around.

    Heather
    room 4 imagination

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the recipe, can't wait to try!! :-)

    ReplyDelete