Monday, June 24, 2013

Monday Made It

So today I (Emily) am linking up with 4th Grade Frolics for a Monday Made It.

This is not a school item, but thought it would be neat to share.  I have made a handful of these in the past and I think am finally getting the hang of it now, plus I think they are kinda cute, so I thought I would share.

Just in the past two weeks I have had 4 friends who have had babies.  Love me some itty bitty babies and the snuggling time I get with them.  G-Man and Big A aren't snuggling much these days. :(
I made some burp cloths for my friends.  They are easy to make and everyone needs burp cloths.  This month, there were 3 boys and 1 girl.  The boys are taking over!  Next month I have 2 friends who are due, and then it is one baby each month until December.  All I can say babies, babies, babies!

What I did different this go around was take my time...ha ha ha...that is something I have a hard time doing...being patient. 

I actually ironed out the fabric before I got out the sewing machine.  This helped me when it came time to sew them, I almost had straight lines.


 This is before I got to sewing, all laid out and ready to go!


Here are the final products.  I added a bit of flare to one of the girl ones to see how it looked.


I am not going to bore you with all the steps, just thought it would be fun to share!

We promise our next post will be school related!  There are some big things in the making!!!
Happy SUMMER!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment