Monday, August 12, 2013

Meet the Teachers Monday with Blog Hoppin'

Hi Teacher Friends!

Today we are linking up with Blog Hoppin' for Teacher Week 2013!  I can't believe the school year is just about here!  We start on Wednesday with our faculty meetings and the kiddos come next week!  AHH!  

Since there are two of us, we will each share 5 random facts that you may not know!  I've had so much fun reading these posts this morning, so hopefully you are too!



About Kerry:

1.  I've been teaching for 11 years.  I spent my first two years teaching 3rd grade in Fairfax Couty, VA.  Then I moved to NYC and taught at a private school downtown for three years.  {Sidenote: Sex and the City was big when I was in college so all of my friends moved there after we graduated college.  I had to go and check it out!  It was awesome!}  After a few years, I was ready to move down south and be closer to my family.  I landed in Charleston, South Carolina.  The greatest city on Earth (IMHO)!  I'm beginning my 6th year in third grade in Charleston this week!



2.  I adopted a whippet/lab mix in June.  I named her Libby and got her from Saving Grace in Raleigh, NC.  If you live in the area, check them out.  They are PHENOMENAL.  I was in contact with several rescues (all amazing), but Saving Grace is a very special place. I will be forever grateful to them!  


3.  I love to work out!  I'm into yoga now, but used to love running.  Here I am during the NYC marathon and a random trapeze pic from a few years ago!





4.  I love my fam!  My parents are awesome and just a quick ride away in Raleigh.  My brother and his sweet wife live in Charleston, WV and plan to move closer as soon as they can.



5.  I love college football (hence the blog name).  I'm a big Hokie fan, but love fall, football, and tailgating!  




About Emily:
1.  Hi, I am the other half of Third and Goal, Emily.  I am a native North Carolinian who moved to South Carolina about 12 years ago.  I married my native Charlestonian (not many of those around) 7 years ago and guess I am here forever.  (Not so bad if I must say!!!)  We have 3 wonderful, spunky, and entertaining children, 1 girl and 2 boys (10, 4, and 18 months.)  



2.  This is my 12th year teaching (and 11th year in 3rd grade)  and I still stay up late at night creating and organizing new things.  Guess you don't every stop, huh!!  I come from a veteran teaching momma who after 35 years still stays up late too!  

3. I too am a huge football fan, college and professional.  Here is my new snuggie a student gave me at the end of the year!  I graduated from NC State and Kerry and I have fun during football season tormenting picking on each other each Saturday in the Fall.  I also am a big Panthers fan on Sundays!


4. I come from a very close family and I have one sister.  She has two kids and we have three, so needless to say vacations are wild and crazy.  Every year we go to Ocean Isle Beach for our weekly family trip.  Here is my WHOLE family during a family photo session!  That was miserable fun!


5.  My favorite thing to do is sit at the beach and enjoy the waves and the sand in my toes.  I don't do enough of it living here at the beach, but now that my kids have become self sufficient at the beach, and can carry their own stuff, we will be there every weekend until October.   Tomorrow is our last day before we start back and my boys start back at daycare tomorrow, so momma will be straight at the beach starting at 8:30 after I drop them off.  :) 



 So there you have it!  Kerry and Emily in a nutshell!!!

1 comment: