Saturday, July 13, 2013

YAHOO! Leaping for Liebster!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!  We were nominated for a Liebster Award by Mr. G.  Go check him out at Teaching 3rd with Mr. G.  Thanks, Mr. G!  We feel #honored #blessed and #grateful!


In order to accept the nomination, we must: 
Link back the blogs that nominated us
Nominate 3-5 blogs with fewer than 200 followers
Answer the questions posted by the nominators
Share 11 random facts about myself 
Create 11 questions for my nominees
Contact my nominees and let them know I have nominated them

11 questions from Mr. G

Why do you blog?
Emily and I started blogging a few months ago after years of reading blogs.  It seemed like so many bloggers had re-invigorated their passion for teaching by sharing their resources.  

What is your favorite book for a read aloud?
Emily loves the book Wonder, I can't wait to read it with my class.  My favorite read aloud is Poppy by Avi.  

Are you a good dancer?
No!  Just watch me attempt a Zumba class.  Actually, don't.  ;)

Do you have a favorite teacher/education website?
I love catching up on my Bloglovin feed each morning with a cup of coffee. I can't believe all the amazing ideas out there and the fact that teachers are so excited about education.

What are you most excited about for the new school year?
Emily and I have *heard* that we have a pretty spirited crew coming up to 3rd grade.  I'm just picturing a bunch of wild kids party rockin' all day!  So I'm looking forward to keeping this active bunch engaged and energized about learning.

What subject do you love to teach the most?
We both love to teach math, I feel like I'm finally getting the hang of it!  It's a good feeling when experience is on your side.  Now I can start a lesson and know the common mistakes that kids make based on prior experience.  

How do you handle a tough day on the education field?
Run from negativity!  Seriously, ignorance is bliss in the education field.  I try to stay out of drama and gossip.  If I have a tough day, I only chat with one or two people about it.  Then I'll go to yoga, eat a yummy dinner (perhaps have a glass of wine) and watch a favorite TV show.

Which holiday break is your favorite?
I love Christmas--the good cheer, carols, Santa, stockings, mistletoe, family, faith, and love. It doesn't get much better than that!

Which is better... pens or pencils?
Mechanical pencils and Gel Pens

Favorite type of music?
Country--love Eric Church, Miranda Lambert, Carrie Underwood, & Darius Rucker

Favorite piece of advice to share with educators?
Have a sense of humor.  Kids are funny!  I often tell my people my day is like the AT&T commercials.



11 Random Facts

1.  I love salty foods and dips.  I have zero sweet tooth.

2.  I've had a subscription to Us Weekly for 13 years and know that I need to start reading "smarter" magazines.

3.  I played school all the time when I was little.  One time I took my class on a "field trip" and accidentally took my mom's car out of park and went rolling down our driveway into a neighbor's lawn.  

4.  Emily went to NC State and I went to VA Tech, we have a lot of love for the ACC.

5.  I'm slightly obsessed with stationary and monograms.

6.  I'm a certified open water scuba diver and have swam with sharks, turtles, and dolphins.

7.  I've been in 11 weddings, but I'm much better at planning the bachelorette!

8.  Emily and I have both run half marathons.

9.  My mentor teacher that I was paired with my first year of teaching is one of my favorite people on this planet.  She's done it all--backpacked through Europe, went to Woodstock, owned a preschool in Vail, made the big bucks in administration and then gave it up to end her career back in the classroom.  I admire her for that!

10.  My dad and I can sing every word to One Bourbon, One Scotch, and One Beer.  It's our favorite party trick!

11.  Emily and I love to dress up for our class.  Here we are being tacky tourists for our 3rd Grade South Carolina play:



Our nominees:


Our 11 questions for our nominees:
1.  How long have you been blogging?
2.  How did you come up with the title of your blog?
3.  What is your favorite part of teaching?
4.  What is your Starbucks order?
5.  Favorite movie and why?
6.  If you could travel anywhere, where would it be?
7.  Funniest classroom moment?
8.  What advice would you give a new teacher?
9.  If you weren't blogging right now, what would you be doing?
10.  What are you currently reading?
11.  If you had to be on a reality show, which one would it be?

Thanks, again Mr. G.  You made our day!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah - congratulations! I'm one of your followers so I agree with the nomination,
    Susan K.
    www.pinkwatermelons.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete